The Groves

The Groves

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

#ERT_2015 Day 8 - Whistler to North Cascades

This morning started off pretty leisurely, and the only bad thing that happened was that I lost my favorite hairbrush. :( First world problems, I know. Anyway, we also had a bit of a tough time finding where we were supposed to go for our TreeTrek, which was put on by ZipTrek EcoTours. Side note: they don't have a building in the main Whistler area. It's just an outdoor tent setup. So that was a bit confusing, as we were searching for a store. Finding a place to park was a bit tricky as well, but we worked it out.
Once we got everything all sorted out, we got in the van and headed for the TreeTrek. (Side note - this was the first and I think possibly only time I wore close-toed shoes the entire trip, and it's only because I had to. Hahahaha. #ChacoNation for the win.)
The TreeTrek was AMAZING. We had an awesome guide, and we learned a lot (mostly about how Canada is basically the coolest). It was really cool to be up high in the trees. Next time I'm definitely setting aside the time and the money for a zipline tour though!

Whistler is mountain biking HEAVEN. Seriously. I've never seen so many in one place in my life!
Wandering around trying to find our meetup place. Note my footwear. Hahaha.





Treetop Tree Pose (with terrible form)


We were up so high! It was so awesome!


After the tour, we had lunch (and Brady and I visited the big Salomon store in the heart of Whistler, that was cool), and headed to Shannon Falls. What I didn't know is that August 3rd is Civic Holiday in Canada... which meant it was insanely packed EVERYWHERE. Trying to find a place to park at Shannon Falls was a complete joke. So we rotated through people sitting with the cars while others went to go look at the falls. I won't lie, I'm pretty bummed that it didn't work out very well.



So. Many. People.
This was cool, since we visited all of these waterfalls.
Our next stop, Porteau Cove Provincial Park, was much the same. We just ended up parking illegally to enjoy a bit of time there, hahaha. We weren't the first, and we certainly weren't the last.


These crazy goons.


After that, we headed off to cross the border and head to North Cascades.

Cool bridge in Vancouver!


This was the COOLEST freaking sign!!! Seriously. Coolest national park sign I've ever seen. Fake glaciers and all.

We checked into our site at Newhalem Campground, which ended up being my favorite campground of the whole trip. It was so dreamy and foresty and wonderful. Our campsite in particular was A++. I want to go back just to stay in that campground again!


Goof nugget alert.
These kids. Hahaha.
I'm so proud of this shot. Haha. Brady was a great assistant.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of all of your beautiful adventures. Take me back in time so I can be born as your........sister?

    ReplyDelete