The Groves

The Groves

Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Musings

Man. Another ski season comes to a close and I'm sitting here feeling simultaneously incredibly sad and incredibly stoked. I love summer. I love everything about summer (yes, even being so hot I want to die). I've been trying to convince Brady to let me get a membership to the pool at Liberty Park so I can just lay around like a slug and get super tan all summer. (But seriously, he usually works two hours earlier than I do so I'm like, 'hey, I'll drive you to work, then go to the pool for an hour, then park at CenturyLink and walk to Salomon' I mean, they have showers at the pool. Then I could be like, fresh and clean every day at work and sell way more stuff... right?)
Anyway. I'm super sad because I do love Alta. Even though I've kind of grown weary of the commute 4 times a week (as I always do at the end of the season) and I've absolutely grown weary of waking up early, I love this canyon and I love these mountains and it feels weird to imagine going back to my life without Alta. And I'll admittedly miss the money, though I'll be working more at Salomon to make up for it.
But I'm super stoked for summer and I'm obviously super stoked for my birthday trip. I've been spending most of my free time lately planning all of the best things to do and the best ways to save money at Disneyland (which... guh. Those tickets are more than our freaking airfare. Absurd) but not starve to death. You know, the important things in life. I've also been planning my outfits (yeah, I am secretly one of those girls) and trying to figure out what to pack and trying to decide if I want to bring my wetsuit (probably yes because it's not freaking Hawaii and I want to play in the ocean for hours on end).
Mostly, though, I'm just getting absurdly excited for CHANNEL ISLANDS, BABY. I guess it's not really my first time going to a new park, I mean, since Brady and I started dating we've actually almost been to more 'new' parks than not. We've been to 12 together, and 6 of them were parks I'd never been to! But I'm pretty excited about this park, because the whole "get on a ferry that takes you to an island in the ocean and you have no cars and everything you have you brought in on your back" thing is pretty exciting for me. I've been planning like a fiend and deciding which hikes we should do and how we should spend our days. And, come on, THIS IS OUR CAMPSITE.


I'm excited for Disneyland too, but I'm significantly less excited because of the ridiculous price tag. Oh well. It will be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment