The Groves

The Groves

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

CALIFORNIADVENTURE Part One: Channel Islands National Park! [Day Two]

After maybe a few too many hours of sleep (well, Brady slept more than I did, haha) we got up bright and early the next morning to eat breakfast and get ready to head out on our hike! First on the docket was the Potato Harbor/Cavern Point loop. It was a reasonably easy hike, and I'm glad we followed the park service's recommendation to hike clockwise. The inclines were much more gradual that way, and we got to spend a lot more of our hike looking southeast to Anacapa on the way back! The island, while kind of dry and desert-like, is really so beautiful.






There are a few vestiges of the old ranching days left on the island. It was cool to have a little history mixed in.



I probably took 100 images of this dang lizard.

Work dat #ChacoTan.
Look at that gorgeous succulent! Those colors are incredible!!
Look at dat pwetty new camera!!
The only time we used the selfie stick the entire trip. Oops.








This one deserves to be seen in its full glory. Make sure to check it out full screen!





This guy. He sure puts up with a lot for my national park obsession.



Brady said, "Walk more pretty!" So this was, of course, the obvious response.



Yes, I AM in fact aware that I am strange.

I know a lot of people don't like it, but MAN I love me a good dreamy lens flare.

After we got back to camp and had a late lunch/snack, we hung out for a while before heading up to do part of the Scorpion Canyon trail, which left right from our campsite. We had planned to maybe do it the next day, but we figured we'd see a bit of it regardless.






Admiring my Chaco tan after a full day hiking in the sun!
After a yummy dinner of Mountain House beef stroganoff (seriously, it was SOOOO good) we got in the tent to hang out and read for a bit while we waited for it to get dark so I could try my hand at some night shots. Unfortunately, we waited too long and it was SUPER dark, so things didn't really turn out the way I'd planned (they were either too bright or too dark), but I did get a pretty cool star shot out of the deal.



Another shot that deserves to be seen full screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment