The Groves

The Groves

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Another Year, Another Anniversary

Yesterday Brady and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I know, no big deal. (Really though, it's not a big deal.)

I wouldn't say marriage has really gotten any harder or any easier (I mean, it was never really hard so I wouldn't even say it COULD get easier). We haven't really undergone any MAJOR changes, besides Brady's job at the lab ending due to budget cuts and him starting at CenturyLink. We haven't had to move. We haven't gotten any new pets. I guess we did get a new car (again, still getting around to posting about it!) but that wasn't super major either.

And we still have yet to watch our wedding video, hahahahahaha.

Of course, right as we started shooting the freaking clouds parted and left us in glaring sunlight, BUT at least the shadows aren't as harsh as they were before. Thanks to my mad tripod skills we're better framed than we were last year (even though I STILL keep meaning to upgrade us to an 8x10, haha... next year) and even with the sun the lighting is still less harsh than our first anniversary photo. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it, especially because my hair looks pretty fantastic and flowy. The important things in life, you know. Plus Brady looks a lot more stoked to be participating this time around.
As much as I love that we're in Kananaskis Country in this photo, there's a lot I don't like. The lighting is capital-t Terrible, Brady looks less than thrilled to be participating, and the photo isn't framed super well. I guess that's just what you get when you throw it together super fast on the side of the road during a pit stop, but I wish it had turned out better.
I didn't really intentionally choose this picture. But literally less than 10 minutes before we left on the road trip I realized that I hadn't gotten a picture printed for our anniversary picture, so I literally just grabbed a picture that featured our faces relatively prominently that I already had printed and in a frame and threw it in the car. Whatever works.

Stay tuned in 364 days for next year's installment of "Photo within a Photo: Anniversary Edition."

No comments:

Post a Comment