The Groves

The Groves

Saturday, November 15, 2014

"Finally" Winter

We woke up this morning to snow ON THE GROUND! I'm happy. Brady... not so much. I love snow. And snow = job security, for me at least. We are right on track to open next Friday at Alta! Woohoo!
The one thing that I don't love about the snow right now is that it makes doing laundry a pain in the rear. Because our house is essentially a duplex, there aren't any W/D hookups in our section of the house, so our landlord put hookups in a shed on the patio outside. Yep, I have a laundry shed. It's actually not that bad, I have a little space heater in there at the moment and that combined with the dryer keeps things relatively cozy in there, but the walk in between the house and the shed is frigid. Yikes. Our landlord is going to talk to the house owners about putting the hookups in a closet up here soonish, which would be really nice. I would definitely be a lot better about getting laundry done regularly, rather than waiting until it piles into a mountain and then doing laundry nonstop for three days straight (which is what I'm doing right now... it's 95% my fault).
Other than that, things have been fairly lovely. I haven't been reading much because I've been working a lot, but I have a post about a few of the books I've read lately that I ABSOLUTELY adore. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment