The Groves

The Groves

Monday, November 23, 2015

#ERT_2015 Day 12 - Oregon Coast

Our first stop this morning was Cannon Beach. If you've ever seen the Goonies, you'll recognize it. (Goonies never say die!)

Some intense wind must rip through here!


Yes. I lounged on the beach in the sun the entire time. It felt amazing.

These little bikes looked like so much fun!




Ally found this cool dead crab in the tidepools. He was big!


After enjoying a decent portion of the morning on the beach or tidepooling, we headed down to the Tillamook Cheese Factory for a tour and some lunch! It was cool to see the huge blocks of cheese, try samples, and have a cheeseburger with fresh cheese on it - YUM.






After lunch, we headed down the coast to the Devil's Punchbowl. The tide was pretty low, so it wasn't cool as I had hoped, but it provided a good potty break and another chance to enjoy some fresh ocean air.

Crazy tree!



This is what it looks like when the tide is up. 
After that, it was off to Thor's Well, which was actually one of the coolest things we saw the whole trip! There was some great tidepooling there as well, but I'll let the video show you what Thor's Well is, because pictures just can't capture it!





Sorcerer's Apprentice
Pointing out the sea stars to Brady.


Brady got hit by a HUGE wave. At least his bum stayed dry!
After that, we headed to the sand dunes to play. Oh my goodness. If you ever take a trip to Oregon, you MUST find a way to visit the sand dunes! You have to! It was legitimately one of the coolest places I've ever been. I could easily spend an entire day there just playing and being goofy. There's something about sand dunes that brings out your inner child. We spent at least an hour there and could have easily spent more!

Gorgeous Oregon Coast views. Pictures do it no justice.


Climbing up this dune was HARD! It was at least 100 feet.





Brady: "Oh look, my wife is climbing something. What a surprise."
I know it doesn't really look it, but that tree was HIGH. I was a little too chicken to climb to the highest branch (even though I'm sure I would've been fine if I had).





Me: "Oh look, my husband dug a huge hole. What a surprise."



After a fun time at the sand dunes, we headed down to Sunset Bay State Park to camp. State parks in Oregon are the bomb deezy, seriously. I definitely would camp at Sunset Bay again!

2 comments:

  1. I love the "oh look my wife is climbing something". I want to climb all the things. At least it would sort of been a soft landing........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. I climb pretty much everything. And Brady always digs holes. Sand would definitely be better than a lot of other surfaces!

      Delete