The Groves

The Groves

Monday, November 23, 2015

#ERT_2015 Day 14 - Drive Home

Deciding to stay at Crater Lake for the night and sleep was an excellent choice! Haha. We headed out bright and early on our exciting adventure home. We saw a lot of smoke from forest fires :(, a lot of trees, and after a while, a lot of sage brush. Hahaha. After a long time, we finally made it home, alive and in one piece! Amazing.

Nevada. It's pretty in its own right, I suppose.


All told, we drove just over 4500 miles and just over 101 hours. We visited 13 national parks in both the US and Canada in 14 days, visited 2 countries, 2 provinces, 7 states, and 2 time zones. We took thousands of photos, lot of video, and listened to a LOT of Sirius XM (it worked in Canada!). It was a crazy whirlwind of a trip, and while there are certainly thing I'd do differently given the chance, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have experienced so many amazing places and things, and I'm super grateful to everyone who made it possible! It was so rewarding to have all of the time and energy I spent planning the trip to pay off so well. Now, it's on to the next adventure! (Alaskan cruise? Colorado road trip? California road trip? Who knows.) And if you ever need a road trip planned, give me a call. It's sort of become my specialty. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment