The Groves

The Groves

Friday, November 13, 2015

Life Updates

First of all, I know, I know. This isn't a road trip post (WHAT), but I have to say, it's been so fun to keep the magic alive by doing all of these posts about it!
Anyway. Life updates.
Life update #1- Brady got an awesome new job that we're super psyched about, doing tech support at CenturyLink. It's by no means glamorous (and trust me, we've had some rough experiences with customer service at CL, so this decision was not reached lightly) but the pay is great, the benefits are kind of mind-blowing (TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, boo-freaking-yah baby), and the hours aren't too shabby either. So we're stoked about that. And because of that, we get
Life update #2- Unimportant unless you really know us, we're FINALLY getting an Xbox ONE for Brady's birthday/Christmas. A teeny bit late for Fallout 4, but hey. Gives Bethesda some time for bug fixes. Never a bad thing. We're super excited.
Life update #3- I've accepted a new position at Alta, working in the ticket office. In my interview (after which they offered me a job on the spot, my favorite thing) they said they're very interested in training me for a management position that will open up next season, so that was some pretty fantastic news. At the beginning of this winter I'll be part time, but the hours are awesome and will allow me to stay at Salomon. I'm really grateful to my boss at Salomon (Andrew) for being super chill and understanding. It will be nice to have something familiar to return to at the end of ski season (maybe even every year until we have kids, who the heck knows). And of course I'm so thrilled to be returning to Alta.
Life update #4- Because a) I have to ski for work, as Tuesdays I'll be managing the booth that sells crossover tickets between Alta and Snowbird, which is at the top of the Sugarloaf lift, and b) I now get great deals on my favorite brand of ski stuff, Brady is letting me get new ski boots for Christmas! I'm beyond stoked. I haven't gotten new ski boots in 4 years, and my last pair of new ski boots were, well, comfy for teaching, but not great for aggressive skiing, which is what I really enjoy. Racer for life.
Life update #5- ummmmmmmm actually there's not a 5th update, I just felt like 5 was a nice round number. Haha.
Anyway. Life is looking up in the Tree House. It was a rough summer, but I think the worst might be behind us. (I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm pretty hopeful.) YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment